Bal Sewa Orphanage


My mom’s uncle and aunt run an orphanage called “Bal Sewa Ashram” in Biratnagar, and after our trip to Tulsipur, we went to see them. My mom wanted us to see the realities of the world, and learn how it only takes few people to affect the lives of many around them. So we went, and at first it was a strange thing. New people, new place, what if I said the wrong thing, there was a lot of things I kept thinking about. But it turned out to be the highlight of my trip. No sooner had we gotten there had we started playing soccer in the drenched muddy field outside the dining hall. All the kids there were the most hospitable people I had ever met in my entire life, and they did everything to treat us as guests well. They were also just kids with dreams. One of them wanted to be an engineer, another wanted to be nurse, another wanted to be the greatest soccer player in the world. They were one big family, and no matter the circumstance, they always had each other and everything they did was for each other. My great-aunt and great-uncle had done a miraculous thing. They had provided kids who otherwise would’ve lived a life of great hardship a home and a family; some place which they had hope. I encourage anyone to volunteer or donate to any charitable organization to help kids in need. Even a small difference can be everything.

Comments

Popular Posts