Mahabir Pun's National Innovation Center

This past June, I traveled to Nepal for the first time after 11 years. My idea of a developing country and the reality of what is really was blindsided me. I saw a country with a lot of modern technology a few principal steps away from living the same type of luxury we live here in the US. The power and will of the people had really allowed development.

During my visit, I had heard about Mahabir Pun, a social entrepreneur who had hooked teachers and students up with internet and had pushed for higher educational standards in Nepal. Mr. Pun has also tried to start up many other projects pursuing the preservation and information of the culture of places in Nepal, but achieved minimal help from the government. His most recent project is a "National Innovation Center" that has received no help through 4 new governments in Nepal. Mr. Pun's goal is to create a place where education and development of Nepal and the Nepalese people can jump-start and the potential the country holds can be opened. This would help the young generation catch up with the rest of the world and help those living in rural areas access the opportunities in urban areas.

 In an effort to jump-start my project and expand the boundaries, I would like to reach out to Mr. Pun and donate $250 for his National Innovation Center from our fund. Best of luck to Mr. Pun!

Comments

Popular Posts