Earth-o-sphere 2014


Receiving Award from Mr. Plantier - Jan 14, 2014
What a way to kick off 2014. About 3 months of preparation went into this. Then it was the big day. Earth-o-sphere 2014. Earth-o-sphere is a science fair my school holds. It's a science fair that is geared more towards earth and space science. But the limits that my peers took it to, was incredible. People worked in groups of up to 3, while a few worked alone. I decided to solo this. It was crazy working on the project. My topic was on telescopes, while other kids had projects about life on Mars. I thought my project was going to be boring and I wasn't going to win anything. My poster board was nothing in comparison to most of the other ones, which were incredibly creative and flashy. But at the award ceremony, it completely caught me off guard when I heard my name for winning 3rd in class. I was clapping; then I realized it was me who won. I have no clue how I won third, but I did. I think it was my oral presentation that really bought the judges attention. When I started talking, I couldn't stop. I guess it came to me naturally. But it was a great night. It was definitely a surprise, and it really raised the bar for my potential, not only for eve
ryone, but for me.

Comments

  1. Very Good Suvasish. You deserve it. :) Next time, grab the First Prize with confidence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up! Hope we get to read your experiences more often :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts