Nepal Science Lab Project

My name is Suvasish Acharya. I am 12 years old and reside in Manchetser, NH. A while back, on a day called Giving Tuesday, my family was sitting down in our living room.We were talking about Giving Tuesday. We had an idea. Since it was Giving Tuesday, we wanted to give something big. I decided to raise money to make a science lab to a school in the country of Nepal. So me and my dad picked out a school in Dang, Nepal and I got started.

I called my relatives as far away as Texas, and as close as a few miles away. I was very surprised when people, just one person, would ask if they could donate $50 towards my project. On that one night, over just an hour, I had my relatives committing a total of about $300. I was so happy and felt happy knowing that the future of a lot more kids my age, maybe older, maybe younger, would be better.

I was born in Katmandu, Nepal. My whole family is Nepali, and so is our lifestyle. I had no idea of the hardships in Nepal until not to long ago, and I felt really bad. This was what really pushed me to do this project. I believe science is the greatest subject, because it is what advances the world and its technology. I believe that every child deserves a good education, no matter what their situation is.

Comments

Popular Posts